RLDatix Standard Support Plan
Version dated 1st May 2021
1. Welcome to the RLDatix Standard Support Plan
RLDatix has created this document with the following objectives in mind:
- To outline the scope of support services included in the Standard Support Plan once a customer’s software is live and fully operational (post-implementation), provided the customer’s account is in good standing.
- To help the customer’s named users effectively access RLDatix support services.
- To reflect the Service Levels that form part of the contract between the customer and RLDatix.
RLDatix is not obligated to provide support for issues caused by use of the software that is not in accordance with the specifications and/or the terms of this Plan.
2. Definition of Support
Support is defined as technical support or break/fix services that typically include remote troubleshooting and basic usability assistance.
3. Definition of Installation Types
This Plan covers the following types of installation of RLDatix software:
On-premise: Refers to a customer that has installed the RLDatix software within their own data center, on their own servers. Customer’s IT is responsible for all maintenance of the hardware, environments and other systems necessary to run the RLDatix software.
Hosted: Refers to a customer with a unique instance of their software hosted in the RLDatix data center. RLDatix is responsible for the maintenance of the software and environment. Customer IT still required to maintain systems in the customer environment that interface with the RLDatix software.
Capped: Refers to an RL6 customer with a hosted installation of only select modules and a limited number of annual hours available for support services, as specified on the Order Form.
SaaS: SaaS, or Software as a Service, refers to a customer hosted in a cloud environment (e.g. AWS), where RLDatix is responsible for the maintenance of the software and environment. Customer IT is required to maintain systems in the customer environment that interface with the RLDatix software and environment.
4. Named Users Permitted to Contact RLDatix Support
Named users are those people that are permitted to contact RLDatix Support by phone or ticketing for assistance.
- For customers using RLDatix products where system administration is designated by a license type, the number of named users will equal the number of system administration licenses purchased.
- For customers using RLDatix products where system administration is based on permissions and not associated with a license type, the customer may designate up to two (2) named users per site.
Customers may also designate up to five (5) named IT users in addition to the above. Additional named users must be included on the Order Form.
Front-line staff should use the customer’s own internal Help Desk support mechanism.
Named users are required to set up access to RLDatix SupportHUB and to also maintain their user profiles. Named users will receive confirmation of their SupportHUB login credentials within three (3) business days.
5. Supported Versions & Environments
RLDatix will provide support for the current SaaS version on each release channel, as may be amended from time to time.
For on-premise and hosted installations, RLDatix will provide support for the current version and version(s) within one (1) year of release of the current version, as may be amended from time to time.
RLDatix supports up to two (2) environments, e.g. test/staging and production, as applicable for the particular product suite.
6. Services Included in the Standard Support Plan
The following services are included in the Standard Support Plan:
- Remote and online support to named users related to issues considered as incidents (errors), questions, and service requests.
- Access by named users to online support resources available via SupportHUB including:
- Tickets for reporting and tracking support inquiries
- Knowledgebase for common and known support and troubleshooting guidance
- Education for access to current materials, guides, lessons and recorded videos.
- Access to the RLDatix HUB Community to connect with other customers for the purposes of collaboration and sharing of knowledge and ideas.
- Access to content such as case studies, webinars, resource libraries, and whitepapers on industry topics.
- Access to new software versions and related orientation materials and/or new release orientation webinars.
- Support of interfaces, lookups and integrations purchased from RLDatix.
- Exclusive opportunities to participate in RLDatix sponsored events such as user groups, webinars and tradeshow receptions (registration fees may apply).
- Submission and voting on product ideas and suggestions.
- Other requests for service that are deemed to be within the scope of the Standard Support Plan by RLDatix, as outlined in a regional services catalogue, where applicable.
RLDatix reserves the right to monitor a customer’s support usage by tracking the amount of time RLDatix resources spend responding to tickets, questions and inquiries and assisting the customer. Where that usage is excessive and/or atypical, RLDatix reserves the right to propose alternative service options to address the customer’s needs, including potential adjustments to fees.
7. Additional Services Available for Purchase
The following services are offered outside of the Standard Support Plan and may be purchased by the customer:
- Premium services and resources associated with higher level Support Plans or other add- on services.
- Custom training services in lieu of using self-paced online resources and/or other standard training offered by RLDatix from time to time.
- Software configuration, forms design and report design assistance deemed to be outside of the scope of support.
- Legacy data conversion/migration into the RLDatix system.
- Set up, configuration and maintenance of 3rd party and data warehouse imports/exports, unless specified on the Order Form.
- Support for legacy software environments and data extraction for archive purposes.
- Support for more than two (2) environments.
- Additional named users.
- Technical services for on-premise customers related to installation of new software versions, server migrations, technical consultation and stand-by services when customer is performing their own technical work.
- Other service requests where request is deemed by RLDatix to be a chargeable service.
- Onsite support services where deemed necessary by RLDatix and customer. Support that requires RLDatix to attend at customer’s premises shall be at the customer’s expense.
The following items are excluded:
- Correction of errors caused by:
- operation of the software in a manner other than that currently specified by RLDatix.
- modification, revision, variation, translation or alteration of the software not permitted by RLDatix.
- operation of the software in an environment that does not meet the technical specifications for the applicable software version.
- operation of the software on an unsupported version at the time of the defect.
- use of the software by a person not permitted by RLDatix
- support for use of computer programs other than the RLDatix software.
- failure of the customer to provide suitably qualified and adequately trained operating and programming staff for the operation of the software.
- modifications to the database structure and/or direct activities within the database (all environments).
- hardware fault or operating system malfunction.
- customer’s failure to comply with this Plan.
- errors or defects that are the subject of a warranty under another agreement.
- mobile devices or hardware.
- Maintenance of customer equipment or hardware.
- Diagnosis or rectification of faults not associated with the software.
- Furnishing or maintenance of accessories, attachments, supplies, consumables or associated items, whether or not manufactured or distributed by RLDatix.
- Unique customer-specific vendor access requirements such as training of RLDatix resources, reapplying for access, frequent requirements for resetting of accounts, etc. Customers will need to declare their unique requirements and RLDatix will assess if acceptable within the scope of support services.
- Completion of customer-specific documents such as vendor security questionnaires required after purchase. RLDatix provides a standard security assessment reference document that a customer can use to support and complete their unique questionnaire.
- Development of custom database queries and triggers.
If an error is confirmed to be due to any of the above factors, or other act of commission or omission of the customer, RLDatix reserves the right to deny support and/or bill the customer at the then current hourly rate for all effort in identifying, investigating and troubleshooting the error.
9. Customer Responsibilities
As a partner in supporting the RLDatix software, the customer is responsible for the following:
- Compliance to the Standard Support Plan.
- Staying current with the supported software version as outlined in Section 5 and the applicable RLDatix specifications. For customers with an On-Premise installation, this includes performing their own software updates where RLDatix has assessed this to be possible based on the specifications and capabilities of the update tool and compatibility to the customer’s technical environment.
- Designating key personnel who will act as the named users to access RLDatix Support and maintaining profiles via RLDatix SupportHUB to ensure that RLDatix has current information on named users.
- Setting up an internal “Help Desk” support mechanism with trained, skilled and available resource(s) to support end users with everyday questions, conduct initial investigation and complete thorough troubleshooting before referring issue to RLDatix Support. Help Desk responsibilities include:
- User set up and management; user login issues, resetting passwords
- User desktop support, including email and printing issues; PC related issues & logs; install/re-install of OS and software links
- Browser issues related to security settings, compatibility and other advanced settings, user rights, security zones, group policies, phishing filters, Active X control permissions, profiles, etc.
- Anti-virus issues
- Troubleshooting related to interface performance
- Performing internal QA testing as per internal policies and procedures
- Troubleshooting related to end-user mobile devices/hardware
- User membership to active directory groups
- LDAP server/domain login issues
- Maintaining approved network bandwidth/throughput and connectivity
- Actively participating in the RLDatix support process by:
- Reporting the necessary facts and information via the RLDatix support ticketing system including steps taken to reproduce the issue and supporting materials. NOTE: It the customer’s responsibility to ensure that no PHI is provided to RLDatix via tickets or email. Should PHI need to be provided for the purposes of rendering support, a secure transfer protocol will be established for the transmission of the data.
- Taking timely action on advice/recommendations provided by RLDatix, and timely response to communications from RLDatix.
- Coordinating internal resources and arranging timely access to the necessary internal business contacts and/or qualified IT contacts with appropriate system rights for further information gathering and joint troubleshooting, when necessary.
- Having an established process to provide internal software orientation and training to new hires/replacements, including key roles such as the System Administrator.
- Informing RLDatix Support when the customer’s local environment and security has been materially compromised so that RLDatix does not risk exposure to viruses and other security issues.
- For customers with an On-Premise installation, providing remote access through a secure vendor priviledged access management platform (e.g. SecureLink or comparable alternative) to all environments and necessary systems for the purposes of rendering assistance.
- Assuming any associated costs related to unique software/hardware or licensing that is required in the customer’s environment. This includes vendor access costs if customer unable to use RLDatix recommended method.
- Establishment and compliance to internal change management process to ensure necessary notifications, approvals and tracking occurs to avoid delays in RLDatix performing its duties due to change management oversights.
- Arranging, attending and facilitating any meetings/calls between RLDatix and other 3rd parties such as other vendors, reporting bodies, etc.
10. Contacting RLDatix Support
An issue is considered received by RLDatix when it is either:
- Reported by phone to the RLDatix designated support line (verbally or by voice mail) for Severity Level 1 issues only.
- Reported by ticket for Severity level 2-4 issues.
10.1 Types of Issues
Customers may contact RLDatix for assistance with any of the following types of issues:
- Incident: An error related to software technical functionality which may/may not be due to a defect.
- Question: An inquiry on how to use specific features of the software, or how to perform a specific function.
- Service Request: A request for assistance related to configuration or services rendered by RLDatix. Depending on the nature of the request, assistance may or may not be within the scope of support services.
- Update Related Issue: A question or problem related to the planning, installation or testing of a software update for customers with an On-Premise installation of the RLDatix software.
10.2 Reproducing Issues
At the time of contact, the Customer shall describe the nature of the issue and provide sufficient details of the circumstances of its occurrence, at RLDatix’s discretion, for RLDatix to be able to reproduce the issue and commence efforts.
RLDatix must be able to reproduce issues in order to resolve them. The Customer agrees to cooperate and work closely with RLDatix to reproduce issues, including conducting diagnostic or troubleshooting activities as reasonably requested and appropriate. The Customer agrees to provide RLDatix with remote access to the software and environments, where necessary, for the purposes of troubleshooting.
10.3 Hours of Support
RLDatix Support is available on Business Days, excluding holidays, from 8:30am to 5:30pm. Business Days are defined as Monday to Friday, except for the MEA region, where Business Days are defined as Sunday to Thursday.
10.4 Contacting by Telephone
For Severity Level 1 issues only, users are encouraged to phone RLDatix Support. Severity Level 1 issues may also be reported by ticket, if preferred.
Telephone numbers are as follows:
- North America:
o RL6: 1-888-737-7444
o DatixWeb/DCIQ: 1-800-596-5015
o SRM: 1-855-753-2849
o Verge: 843-628-4168
o PolicyStat: 317-644-1296
o PolicyMedical: 1-888-697-6331
- UKE: +44 0 20 8971 1946
o RMI/DCIQ: +61 3 9686 5456
o RL6 (Australia): +1 300 885 675
o RL6 (New Zealand): +0800 885 675
- MEA: +966 55 398 9256
Customers may be prompted to leave a voice message on the designated support line if resources are unavailable. A voice message left on the designated support line for Severity Level 1 falls within the service level. Messages are retrieved regularly and will be triaged and processed by the next available support representative in the order in which they were received.
Customers should not leave voice mail messages to RLDatix staff at their personal phone extensions, nor send emails to personal email addresses.
10.5 Submitting a Ticket
For Severity Level 2-4 issues, users are required to only contact RLDatix Support by submitting a support ticket via the RLDatix SupportHUB, https://hub.rldatix.com/ . Each ticket will be assigned a unique tracking number and tickets are automatically routed to the applicable RLDatix Support team for response. The benefits of submitting a ticket are:
- facilitates communication back and forth between the customer and RLDatix support staff while the issue is worked on
- central documentation of the issue, including attachments and subsequent communication within the ticket
- time stamps the ticket and all activities to track status and timeliness of resolution
- allows RLDatix to route the ticket to an available resource
- allows all those interested in the ticket to view the status of the ticket and post notes
- ensures that communication is not lost in personal email inboxes and voicemail.
11. Service Levels
RLDatix offers the following service levels and will use commercially reasonable efforts to resolve a reproducible issue in a timely manner.
Actual resolution time will depend on the nature of the ticket and the resolution steps. A resolution may consist of any of the following:
- Solution to the issue so that the software is functional
- Fix within the permitted scope of support services
- Workaround that achieves end result
- Temporary fix compatible to the version, if deemed possible by RLDatix
- Update of software by customer or RLDatix, depending on type of installation
- Confirmation that the software is performing as designed with no further action by RLDatix
- Instruction to customer if the issue is caused by a condition within the customer’s control
- Confirmation of issue and referral to RLDatix Product Team for future release.
|Severity||Definition||Initial Response Time|
|Severity 1 Critical||Production system is inoperable affecting all users and/or data|
integrity is compromised.
|Within 1 business hour of receipt of reported issue by phone or ticket|
|Severity 2 High||Production system is operable with|
a major component malfunctioning that affects all users.
|Within 1 business day of receipt of reported issue by ticket|
|Severity 3 Medium||Production system is operable with a minor/isolated component malfunctioning that affects a|
subset of users.
|Within 3 business days of receipt of reported issue by ticket|
|Severity 4 Low||Production system is operable with a minor/isolated component malfunctioning that affects a single user, or where request is cosmetic, an inquiry, question or request for|
|Within 5 business days of receipt of reported issue by ticket|
12. Product Ideas & Suggestions
Product ideas and suggestions may be submitted via the RLDatix HUB and are not covered under the Service Levels.
All ideas and suggestions are considered by RLDatix’s Product Management team, taking into consideration overall benefit to the software, value to broader customer-base, feasibility of the ideas and costs. RLDatix does not guarantee an individual customer’s request for change will be incorporated into the standard product. Communication and response to product ideas and suggestions is via RLDatix HUB.
13. Virtual Environment for On-Premise Installation
For customers with an On-Premise installation, if issues are detected with the software functionality and confirmed by RLDatix to be related to the virtual environment, it is the customer’s responsibility to identify and change the configuration of the virtual environment until the issue is resolved. This may require moving the virtual environment onto a different host, if the existing one is not able to accommodate the necessary changes. RLDatix assumes that the customer has in-house expertise for virtual server administration.
If, despite all reasonable efforts, the software still does not function properly, it is the customer’s responsibility to contact the vendor of the virtual software in which the RLDatix product(s) is being hosted for support and help with issue resolution.
RLDatix reserves the right to request that the software be moved to a hardware stand-alone server(s) as a part of the efforts to troubleshoot the software problem. If the issue cannot be reproduced in the hardware stand-alone server(s) configuration and cannot be resolved in the virtual environment, the customer should be prepared to abandon the virtual environment and use the software in the stand-alone hardware server(s) configuration.
14. Escalation Procedure
If at any time a customer feels that their support expectations have not been met, the customer may escalate their concern to a manager. Escalation will receive prompt attention and management focus.
If the customer’s expectations are still not met, then the concern can be further escalated to a member of the RLDatix Executive Leadership Team.
15. What if My Fees are in Arrears?
In the event that a customer contacts RLDatix for support and their account is not in good standing, the customer will be directed to the RLDatix Finance team.
RLDatix Finance reserves the right to suspend all services for accounts that are not in good standing. This includes suspension of support services for both technical and non-technical issues, delivery of software fixes/updates, and all other services related to training, consultation, implementation, and Support Plans.
16. Changes to Standard Support Plan
RLDatix reserves the right to change its Standard Support Plan from time to time in its sole discretion. The most current version of the Standard Support Plan will be posted electronically at Master Services Agreement.