Acceptable Use Policy
Version dated 24 June 2019
This Acceptable Use Policy (this “Policy”) describes prohibitions placed by RLDatix third party hosting service providers on use of the services (the “Services”) offered by RLDatix and its affiliates (“We”, “Us” and/or “Our”) via the website located at https://rldatix.com (the “Site”). It also reflects certain requirements contained in your agreement with us. The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on the Site. By using the Services or accessing the Site, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate the Policy or authorise or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or ContentYou may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services or Site for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities that are illegal, fraudulent, in connection with the commission of any criminal offence, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography, offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming, or engaging in other deceptive practices, or using the Services to exploit minors, distribute copyrighted or licensed material, or harass individuals or racial/ethnic groups or that are in contravention of any codes of practice, licence terms, laws, regulations or any reasonable instructions of RLDatix from time to time regarding use of the Services.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is offensive, indecent, menacing, a nuisance, defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, relates to bestiality, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
No Security ViolationsYou may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorised Access. Accessing or using any System or data without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System or to alter, destroy or disrupt any data or Services, whether belonging to other RLDatix customers or third parties.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
- Penetration, load or other automated testing (unless with our prior written consent.
No Network AbuseYou may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service. Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective or using other techniques designed to cause damage to or to deny access by other users.
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques, or using passive or non-invasive techniques such as security-hole scanning or bulk email bouncing.
- Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
- Excessive use. Using the Services beyond the volume or scope of use allowed by your agreement with us.
- Permitted Use. Allowing the Services to be used or accessed by any person who is not a “Permitted User” as described in your agreement with us.
No E-Mail or Other Message AbuseYou will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions or promotional material, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of any other type of mass or bulk e-mailing or other messaging unless it is reasonable to do so for a particular situation and is not a regular event. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider. You will not send any e-mail or other communication or use any other messaging facility which involves sending attachments adding up to more than 5mb in total (if you require greater capacity please contact your RLDatix account manager who may be able to arrange this, in our complete discretion).
Our Monitoring and EnforcementWe reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services or Site. We may:
- investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services or Site; or
- remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Services or the Site.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you shall immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please contact your RLDatix account manager.